The Facts On File Science Handbook set is designed to provide students with quick, direct answers to basic science questions in areas such as biology, chemistry, Earth science, and physics. Featuring easy-to-read and easy-to-understand chronologies; biographies; glossary entries; and charts, measurements, and formulas, these books are ideal one-stop resources for quick answers to frequently asked science questions.
- A glossary of key terms in the discipline
- Biographies of prominent people in each discipline; each profile focuses on the accomplishments for which the scientist is noted
- A chronology that tracks the dates of significant developments and discoveries from ancient times to the present
- Tables, charts, and diagrams
- Measurements, formulas, and calculations.
Additionally, some volumes contain bibliographies and Web site resources to guide further research.