Created to meet the major requirements of the National Geography Standards, the Regional Geography On File™ set assembles a contemporary authoritative mosaic of the human and physical geography of the world's many nations.
By integrating such diverse fields as demography economics, and politics, each binder provides an interdisciplinary set of maps, charts, and diagrams.
Each binder features:
Charts and Diagrams:
- Political: showing capitals, major cities, and transportation routes
- Administrative: indicating internal political boundaries and administrative centers
- Physical Features: illustrating topographical features
- Land Use and Agriculture: providing type and location of principal crops and land use
- Industry and Mining: offering type and location of principal mining and industrial activities.
A special section entitled "Contemporary Regional Issues" transcends national borders by illustrating important topics facing each region, such as conflicts, trends, education, cultural events, and environmental concerns.
- Fact Sheet and Government Chart: providing basic information, such as land area, current population estimates, terrain, religion, race and ethnicity, and government structures
- Timeline: outlining the nation's history and places it in context of world events
- Culture and Everyday Life Chart: describing prominent features of daily existence, such as conversation, food, dress, family and friends, school life, recreation, and celebrations
- Economic Statistics: highlighting the major trends that each country has experienced and is experiencing. Standard Economic Indicators include GNP,GDP, Consumer Price Index, and Inflation data
- Demographic Indicators: including past and projected population growth, birth and death rates, age and gender breakdowns, religion, race, and ethnicity.
- Standard presentation of each country offers quick comparisons across nations.
- Major requirements of the National, Geography Standards are met.