Engaging, Up-to-Date Content Illuminates the World of Scientific Discovery
Boasting a fresh redesign and powerful new features, Today's Science bridges the gap between the science taught in the classroom and real-world discoveries. Today's Science gives in-depth explanations of important advances in biology, chemistry, environmental science, space, physics, and technology. Featured articles now offer easier access to related content such as crossword puzzles, cartoons, and questions; additional articles that help place news and discoveries in context; and interviews with scientists that bring the research to life. An extensive backfile dating back to 1992 illustrates how one scientific advance leads to another; the stories focus on the questions scientists ask themselves, and in doing so, reinforce science educators' traditional emphasis on the scientific method.
- Science news: original articles highlighting recent science topics, written in easy-to-understand language
- "Need a Research Topic?": summaries of key topics, linked to related articles to jump-start student research
- Conversations with scientists: first-person accounts of recent breakthroughs
- Rich resources: thousands of editorial cartoons, photographs, diagrams, and crossword puzzles
- Curriculum Tools: activities, assignments, and research tools for students and educators, including tips on evaluating online sources, citing sources, avoiding plagiarism, and more
- Topic Index: a full, hyperlinked list of topics.
- Extensive biographies, focusing on more than 2,000 scientists—from historic figures to modern-day innovators
- Pop-up glossary
- Science fair guide
- Correlations to Common Core, state, and national science education standards
- Read Aloud feature
- Searchable Science Encyclopedia
- Links to related encyclopedia entries
- Improved search results
- Search Assist technology
- Google Translate on every page, with 53 languages to choose from
- Persistent record links
- Dynamic citations in MLA, CMS, and APA formats.