An Unbiased, Comprehensive Guide to the World's Major Religions and Spiritual Traditions
From the beginnings of human history, societies and cultures have established themselves around religious and spiritual practices. Religion has affected decisions personal and political, local and global, and continues to play an important role in the lives of individuals and in the cultures of nations. World Religions Online explores religion and spirituality in an objective manner, from the ceremonies of the first practitioners to the elaborate rituals of today.
Ideal for research and study in the library and classroom, this user-friendly online resource features an easy-to-navigate interface, allowing users to browse core articles by religion. Topic Centers focus on the world's major religions and traditional spiritual practices, quickly guiding users to important topics, spiritual leaders, information on sacred texts, and holy days and festivals. These landing pages also feature a timeline and a fact file, as well as a video gallery, an image gallery, and a calendar of holidays and observances.
- Thorough Coverage: thousands of reference entries on the beliefs, practices, and history of religions across the world, including new and alternative religions
- Unique Topic Centers: clearly organized, informative introductory pages focusing on 11 major religions and featuring links to core essays, fact files, timelines, image and video galleries, and more; the perfect starting point for research
- Authoritative Content: edited by academics and specialists from leading departments of religious studies
- Holidays and Observances Calendar
- Video and Image Galleries: engaging iPad/mobile-friendly videos and images arranged in easy-to-use galleries, bringing to life spiritual traditions from around the world
- Authoritative Source List: full and partial text from a wealth of proprietary print titles.
- Overview essays, biographies, and entries on key topics and terms
- Image galleries, including full-color photographs and original maps
- Google Translate on every page, with 53 languages to choose from
- Search Assist technology
- Persistent record links
- List of contributors to the database
- Dynamic citations in MLA and CMS formats.