An Unbiased, Comprehensive Guide to the World's Major Religions and Spiritual Traditions
From the beginnings of human history, societies and cultures have established themselves around religious and spiritual practices. Religion has affected decisions personal and political, local and global, and continues to play an important role in the lives of individuals and in the cultures of nations. Facts On File's World Religions Online explores religion and spirituality in an objective manner, from the ceremonies of the first practitioners to the elaborate rituals of today.
Ideal for research and study in the library and classroom, this user-friendly online resource features an easy-to-navigate interface, allowing users to browse core articles by religion. Topic Centers focus on the world's major religions and traditional spiritual practices, such as Judaism and Native American religions, quickly guiding users to important topics, spiritual leaders, information on sacred texts, and holy days and festivals. A perfect starting point for research, these landing pages also feature a timeline and a fact file, as well as a video gallery, an image gallery, and a calendar of holidays and observances. Also included is information on new and alternative religions.
- Focused and thorough coverage of 11 major religions, plus new and alternative religions: core essays covering all the basic information on the beliefs, practices, and history of each major religion; specially chosen support entries showing at a glance the important spiritual leaders, main holy days and festivals, and key topics and terms, and providing information on sacred texts; entries on new and alternative religions for complete coverage
- Topic Centers: informative introductory pages focusing on major religions and featuring links to core essays, fact files, timelines, image and video galleries, and more; the perfect starting point for research
- Videos: fascinating, engaging videos, arranged in easy-to-use galleries, bringing spiritual traditions from around the world to life.
- Overview essays, biographies, and entries on key topics and terms
- Image galleries, including full-color photographs and original maps
- Holidays and observances calendar
- Google Translate on every page, with 53 languages to choose from
- Search Assist technology
- Persistent record links
- List of contributors to the database
- Dynamic citations in MLA and Chicago Manual of Style formats.