The Essential One-Stop Online Reference for Writers
The redesigned Writer's Reference Center provides users with a convenient one-stop location for all of the tools necessary to write and research effectively. From the mechanics of writing and grammar to style and research, this indispensable online resource thoroughly covers the fundamentals of quality writing, provides a wealth of vocabulary-building reference dictionaries, and examines numerous thematic areas. An in-depth grammar section defines grammatical terms and gives examples of use, while another section explains the meaning and usage of frequently confused words. Writing resources teach users how best to write and revise their work. The easy-to-use new interface and intuitive design allow users to quickly find relevant information through customizable searches and browsing.
- Writing references: almost 100,000 definitions from more than a dozen thematic dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference books from Facts On File, including:
- the comprehensive Facts On File Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins, Fourth Edition
- the highly reviewed Dictionary of Literary and Thematic Terms, Second Edition
- and many more.
- Writing resources: more than 150 essays covering grammar, style, research, and more, presented in an easy-to-use format, allowing users both to learn new concepts and to find answers to specific usage and style questions.
- Specially selected features highlighting important topics for writers
- Featured words and phrases helping writers expand their vocabulary and depth of understanding
- "Did You Mean...?" search feature
- Persistent record links
- Dynamic citations in MLA, APA, and Chicago Manual of Style formats.