All the Tools Necessary to Research and Write Effectively
The redesigned Writer's Reference Center, featuring a cleaner look and easier-to-use interface, provides users with a convenient one-stop location for all of the tools necessary to write and research effectively. From the mechanics of writing and grammar to style and research, this indispensable online resource thoroughly covers the fundamentals of quality writing, provides a wealth of vocabulary-building dictionaries, and presents a step-by-step guide to writing a good essay. An in-depth grammar section defines grammatical terms and gives examples of use, while another section explores writing style. Writing resources teach users how best to revise their work, and the intuitive new design allow users to find relevant information quickly through customizable searches and browsing.
- Writing references: more than 92,000 definitions from over a dozen thematic dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference books from Facts On File, including:
- the comprehensive Facts On File Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins
- the highly acclaimed Dictionary of Clichés
- and many more.
- Writing resources: more than 150 essays covering grammar, style, research, and more, presented in an easy-to-use format, allowing users both to learn new concepts and to find answers to specific usage and style questions.
- Convenient access to the dictionary and thesaurus from the home page
- Specially selected features highlighting important topics for writers
- Featured words and phrases helping writers expand their vocabulary and depth of understanding
- Quick-access tabs highlighting Top Grammar Errors, Often Confused Words, and Most Common Punctuation Mistakes
- Related Articles links for easy reference
- "Did You Mean...?" search feature
- Persistent record links
- Dynamic citations in MLA, Chicago, and APA formats
- Authoritative source list: expertly researched and written content from a wealth of proprietary print titles