Comprehensive Coverage of Modern World History
Modern World History Online covers the full scope of world history from the mid-15th century to the present. Thousands of fully hyperlinked subject entries, biographies, images and videos, maps and charts, primary sources, and timeline entries combine to provide a detailed and comparative view of the people, places, events, and ideas that have defined modern world history.
Unique Topic Centers pull forward interesting entries handpicked by our editors to help users find a starting point for their research. Users can search content by keyword or phrase or browse by topic, region, or era, corresponding to the National Standards for World History depending on their needs.
- Complete coverage: full scope of world history from the mid-15th century to the present
- Unique Topic Centers: specially selected entries on different eras and regions to help users find a starting point for their research
- Authoritative source list: full and partial text from a wealth of print titles
- Newsreel videos: videos, with a focus on World War II-era newsreel footage, giving enlightening "you are there" looks at events and people.
- Events and topics
- Primary sources
- Timeline, updated monthly
- Image and video galleries
- Maps and charts
- "Editor's Selection of the Month"
- "Focus on History through Video" feature with video gallery
- "Did You Mean...?" search feature
- Persistent record links
- Examples of full citations in MLA, Chicago Manual of Style, and APA styles.