A Powerful Source for Reliable, Detailed Information on Today's Most Important Health Topics
Your first stop for current, important health information is now better than ever! The critically acclaimed Health Reference Center has been redesigned and upgraded with a wealth of essential new content and a new, more intuitive design that better facilitates research. Thirty-five Topic Centers highlight specially selected content to help users find a starting point for their studies, and numerous videos and collections of illustrations make it easy to find relevant visual media on the most frequently researched topics. New features and tools—including Read Aloud, Google Translate, and tag "clouds" for all content, to name a few—provide added functionality and accessibility.
- Comprehensive coverage: a wealth of articles, videos, and illustrations on diseases and timely health topics
- Editorially curated Topic Centers: specially selected content on key areas of health, specific types of diseases and disorders, and other reference topics, provides valuable study guides and entry points into the database
- News articles: a "Health in the News" section featuring regularly updated health news articles from Reuters® helps users stay on top of the latest information
- Videos and illustrations: 4,200+ informational video clips and 1,200+ searchable color illustrations, many organized into convenient collections
- Authoritative source list: expertly researched and written content from acclaimed sources, including a wealth of proprietary titles—information researchers can trust
- Curriculum Tools: usage and research tips for students and educators.
- In-depth Suggested Reading articles, giving extensive background on relevant topics
- Detailed information on healthy lifestyle choices, recognizing diseases, and seeking treatment
- Journal articles from PubMed Central and reference articles from MedlinePlus
- Convenient A-to-Z topic lists
- Tag "clouds" for all content, linking to related material
- Search Assist technology
- BMI calculator
- Conversion calculator
- Listing of various hotlines
- Read Aloud tool
- Google Translate for 100+ languages
- Ability for users to set preferences for default language, citation format, and number of search results
- Dynamic citations in MLA, APA, and Chicago formats, with EasyBib export functionality
- Persistent record links
- Searchable Support Center with valuable help materials, how-to tips, tutorials, and live help chat.