The Full Scope of Ancient and Medieval History
Ancient and Medieval History Online provides thorough coverage of nine civilizations—ancient Egypt, ancient Mesopotamia, ancient Greece, ancient Rome, ancient and medieval Africa, medieval Europe, the Americas, ancient and medieval Asia, and Islamic Empire. Covering prehistory through the 1500s, this authoritative online database features a user-friendly interface. Users can research each civilization in depth or use the browse feature to conduct comparative studies of events and developments across civilizations.
- Complete coverage: full scope of ancient history from prehistory through the mid-15th century
- Unique Topic Centers: specially selected entries on different areas of interest to help users find a starting point for their research
- Overview civilization essays: overview essays describing key cultural topics
- Original maps and charts: original maps and charts, with captions, illustrating key sociological and historical concepts
- Authoritative source list: full and partial text from a wealth of print titles.
- Events and topics
- Primary sources
- Image and video galleries
- "Editor's Selection of the Month" with video gallery
- "Focus on History through Video" feature with video gallery
- "Did You Mean...?" search feature
- Persistent record links
- Examples of full citations in MLA, Chicago Manual of Style, and APA styles.