About This Database
The Essential Career Research Database
The critically acclaimed Ferguson's Career Guidance Center features exclusive, wide-ranging content that is accessible and intuitively organized. Known for its unprecedented depth of coverage and variety of user-friendly content formats, this comprehensive career research database is broken down into three main sections: Job and Industry Profiles, Job-Hunting and Workplace Skills, and Career and Industry Resources. The material is drawn from a range of authoritative sources and is extensively indexed.
- Job and Industry Profiles: 94 industry profiles, organized by 16 Career Clusters created by the U.S. Department of Education, and nearly 3,400 job articles
- Job-Hunting and Workplace Skills: guidance on the essentials of getting a job and keeping it—establishing a career path, honing interview skills, writing résumés, and more
- Career and Industry Resources: more than 55,000 searchable, browsable resource entries, divided into convenient categories on fellowships, organizations, internships, scholarships, and awards
- School Searches: four comprehensive, current databases, provided by Peterson's Nelnet, LLC, covering undergraduate, graduate, nursing, and vocational and technical schools in the U.S. and Canada; search for schools by type, region, areas of study, and a variety of other characteristics
- Career Interest Assessment: ranks users' work interest areas and suggests related occupations and industries
- Links to Outside Jobs: access to current, live job postings.
- Nearly 300 iPad/mobile-friendly videos covering jobs, industries, and career development skills
- Advice from nationally renowned author and career expert Sue Morem
- "My Life" interviews with professionals, giving a firsthand perspective on jobs
- Career Opportunities News, updated monthly
- "Did You Mean...?" search feature
- Persistent record links
- Dynamic citations in MLA and CMS formats.