About This Database
Explores and Compares the World's Peoples and Places
World Geography and Culture Online enhances the study of countries, places, peoples, and geography concepts and skills. This comprehensive reference site makes it easy to study all aspects of a country, with facts at a glance and in-depth coverage through country entries, maps, flags, images, videos, statistics, news articles, a gazetteer, and more. In addition, comprehensive entries about the U.S. states are also available. Ideal for history and geography classrooms and projects as well as for general country and U.S. state research, this online resource features an easy-to-navigate interface, search and browse tools, and tabbed search results.
- Extensive country entries: descriptions of more than 200 countries, with information on geography, people and culture, weather and climate, history, government, and society; maps and flags; facts and figures; images and videos; and news articles
- U.S. state profiles: descriptions of all 50 states and Washington, D.C., with political, outline, elevation, and locator maps; city and geographical features maps; flags; facts and figures; government information; biographies; timeline; images; and videos
- Original, easy-to-read maps: more than 1,600 political, elevation, and outline maps; regional geographic and thematic maps; city, state, and physical features maps; and more
- Images and videos: thousands of images and illustrations offer a fascinating visual introduction to different nations and cultures, plus more than 2,300 video clips from 180 full-length videos provide up-close explorations of U.S. states and countries all around the world
- Compare and rank tools: tools that compare and rank countries or U.S. states by a variety of criteria
- News articles by country, updated regularly
- Authoritative source list: expertly researched and written from a wealth of proprietary print titles.
- Geography concepts and principles
- Maps, flags, videos, and images
- Geography glossary
- Conversion calculator
- "Did You Mean...?" search feature
- Persistent record links
- Dynamic citations in MLA and Chicago formats.