Examines More Than Five Centuries of the African-American Experience
Covering more than 500 years of the African-American experience, the completely revised African-American History Online offers a fresh new way to explore the full spectrum of African-American history and culture. Start your investigation of a topic with a video or slideshow overview, use the key content called out on the home page to find an entryway into the database, or dig deep into an era through the Topic Centers. Read about key figures and events, examine famous speeches and other primary sources, and get context from the in-depth timelines. An important new feature is the full cross-searchability across all the Infobase history databases in your collection for an even more comprehensive view of history.
- Comprehensive Coverage: images and tablet/mobile-friendly videos and slideshows, timelines, biographies of key people, event and topic entries, and maps and graphs
- Easy Access to Content: at-a-glance, editorially curated overview of core content on the home page, with handy access to important areas at the top of every page
- Focused Topic Centers: specially selected entries, resources, videos, and slideshow overviews that provide a study guide for a particular era in African-American history
- Primary Sources: thousands of original documents
- Featured Videos and Slideshows: videos and SMART Board-friendly slideshows that provide a fascinating visual look into topics
- Authoritative Source List: full and partial text from a wealth of proprietary print titles
- History Cross-Search: full cross-searchability allowing users to tailor searches across any combination of the Infobase history databases to which your institution subscribes.
- Universal Folder for all saved items across any Infobase history databases in your collection
- Correlated to Common Core, national, state, provincial, and International Baccalaureate Organization standards
- Convenient A-to-Z topic lists
- Tag "clouds" for all content, linking to related material
- A detailed general timeline, plus subject-specific and era-specific timelines
- Maps and graphs with descriptions
- Real-time, searchable Reuters® newsfeed
- Enhanced Save-to-Folder functionality
- Dynamic citations in MLA and Chicago styles
- Read Aloud feature
- Ability for users to set preferences for default language, citation format, number of search results, and correlation/standard
- Persistent record links
- Searchable Support Center with help articles, video tutorials, and live help chat.