The Medieval World focuses on the styles found in Europe from 1340 to 1460, which is most frequently represented as “medieval” in movies, TV, books, and art. During this time, wool was widely available, the length of clothing indicated one’s wealth, and luxurious fabrics from the East, such as silks, brocades, and damasks, were in demand among the rich. Tapestries from the time period, pictures from movies and plays, and detailed photographs show the clothing and accessories men and women, rich and poor, wore during the medieval period.
- The World of the Middle Ages
- What My Lady Wore
- What the Lord of the Manor Wore
- Knights and Soldiers
- What the Common People Wore
- Hats, Hose, Girdles, and Gloves
- A Fair Field Full of Folk.