Praise for the previous editions:
"All school and public libraries will want this handy resource available for both students doing reports and for general users who want to learn more about the world."—American Reference Books Annual
"The clear and concise layout of the maps and illustrations makes this a unique and unparalleled resource for school and public libraries."—Christian Library Journal
"...definitely a worthy purchase for all libraries."—Reference Book Review
The Trusted Resource Since 1981!
Packed with approximately 500 up-to-date, reproducible maps ideal for research reports, presentations, and testing, the 2012 Edition of this critically acclaimed volume continues to provide users with the most current world cartographic information. All maps featured throughout this edition have a consistent look and style and present the most current data available. Each country map includes major cities, borders labeled with the names of neighboring nations, major rivers and roads, a scale of miles and kilometers, and more.
- All statistics have been updated throughout to note the most recently available population figures, social indicators, and trade information.
- In-depth coverage for smaller nations, particularly islands, is provided.
- 100 special topical maps allow comparisons between countries and within regions.
- A 15,000-entry index makes access to materials quick and easy.
Partial Table of Contents:
The World and Regions
- Australia and Oceania
- North and Central America and the Caribbean
- South America
- Canadian Provinces.
- Average Annual Population Growth Rate
- Life Expectancy.
Natural and Energy Resource Maps
- Natural Gas Reserves
- Nuclear Energy Plants
- Petroleum Production: Persian Gulf
- Petroleum Reserves
- Protected Natural Resources.
Politics, Economics, and the Military
- United Nations Member States
- Arab League
- European Union
- GDP Per Capita
- African Union
- The Commonwealth
- World Refugees.
Education and Social Issues Maps
- Enrollment Rates in Primary School and Secondary School.
- Per Capita Income
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives.
- Per Capita Income.