Expansive Reference Coverage of the Full Range of Scientific Disciplines
The award-winning Science Online has been completely redesigned and upgraded with a wealth of new content and a new, dynamic design that facilitates STEM research and learning. New Topic Centers feature specially selected content on core science disciplines to help users find a starting point for their research, and users can also access the full, updated content of our unique science eLearning Modules, which target a variety of core topics and feature valuable Educator Support materials for seamless in-class integration. Plus, new, interactive science experiments that come with lesson objectives, data tables for findings, and analysis of expected results allow users to replicate the in-class laboratory experience in a safe and user-friendly environment.
- Comprehensive coverage: a wealth of discipline-specific entries and articles, images and videos, topic-specific timelines, tables and charts, and diagrams that provide a thorough grounding in all areas of core science
- Editorially curated Topic Centers: specially selected content that composes a virtual study guide for the most researched scientific disciplines, including biology, chemistry, computer science, Earth science, environmental science, marine science, space and astronomy, and physics
- eLearning Modules: the full, updated content of nine science eLearning Modules—Biomes of the Earth, Energy and the Environment, Essential Chemistry, Genetics and Evolution, Global Warming, Green Technology, The Human Body: How It Works, Physics in Action, and The Plant World—providing focused, targeted coverage of a variety of core topics, with important educator resources
- Videos and animations: 4,000+ high-interest, SMART Board-friendly videos and animations that reinforce visual learning, stimulate interest, and provide convenient overviews and discussion starters
- Experiments, activities, and interactives: more than 1,300 science experiments and activities—filterable by topic, time span, participation, supervision, and grade range—including interactive science experiments for all learners. Great for science fairs!
- Original diagrams, tables, and charts: original color diagrams, tables, and charts, with captions, that illustrate key concepts
- Biographies: leading computer scientists, astrophysicists, inventors, engineers, environmentalists, women scientists, astronauts, and mathematicians, with images for key people
- Science in the News: featured news stories from the award-winning collection of articles that compose Today's Science, highlighting recent scientific events and discoveries
- Authoritative source list: expertly researched and written content from a wealth of award-winning proprietary print titles.
- Convenient A-to-Z topic lists can be filtered by Topic Center
- Tag "clouds" for all content, linking to related material
- Curriculum tools and sources index
- In-depth overview essays under Suggested Reading give extensive background on relevant topics
- Searchable timelines by subject and era, updated monthly
- Real-time, searchable Reuters® newsfeed
- Search by Common Core, state, national, International Baccalaureate Organization, College Board AP, national STEM, and Next Generation Science Standards to find correlating articles
- Conversion calculator
- Dynamic citations in MLA, Chicago, and APA formats, with EasyBib export functionality
- Read Aloud tool
- Ability for users to set preferences for default language, citation format, number of search results, and standards set for correlations
- Google Translate for 80+ languages
- Search Assist technology
- Persistent record links
- Searchable Support Center with valuable help materials, how-to tips, tutorials, and live help chat.